Assistant Civil Design Flexibility Engineer
Come work for the MnDOT the nation's leader in the Transportation industry!
Assist the Design Flexibility Engineer and Design Support Section Director with analysis, research, technical writing, and design investigation. This full-time role would respond to inquiries regarding the Performance-Based Practical Design (PBPD) process and principles, reviewing design memoranda and geometric layouts, aiding in concept and preliminary design development, and contributing to training efforts. Telework may be considered.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
11 paid holidays per year
Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
Earn 13 days paid sick time
Defined pension plan
Vision insurance available
Paid life insurance
Short & long-term disability available
Paid parental leave available
Engineer Grad 2 qualifications :
All applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited College or University and two years professional level civil engineering experience in the areas noted below; (a Master's degree may be substituted for one year of the professional experience) plus applicants must have full completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
AND experience in:
- Experience with roadway design and/or highway/street project development.
- Experience with state and national design policies related to geometric design, highway safety, roadway capacity, and practical and performance-based design.
- Experience with word process, spreadsheets, database management.
Engineer Senior qualifications:
Employee must hold a Licensure as a professional Civil engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) or ability to obtain licensure through reciprocity. (Comity (Reciprocity). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
AND experience in the same bullets as noted above for Grad 2 qualifications.
APPLY ONLINE BY 5/24/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID "55533" in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other - MinnesotaJobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Lena Garcia, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist