Opportunity for steady work as a Pilot!
Are you looking for work hours that create a better work/life balance? At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of variety but also stability allowing you freedom to prioritize your family life. Our work is interesting. In this position you will provide technical expertise and professional knowledge in the development, preservation and safety of aviation in Minnesota. This position also offers a lot of variety. One day you may be inspecting an airport or heliport and the next making a presentation to pilots or airport operators. In this position you will have access to Beech Bonanza aircraft to get around the state and may be called upon to provide transportation service for others in the department. MnDOT provides job security and the opportunity to be involved!
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
Paid vacation and sick time
11 paid holidays per year
Defined pension plan
Paid life insurance
Flexible work schedule
Opportunity to work from home
Hourly pay with overtime
At MnDOT, we are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provide you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Three years professional experience in one of the lettered options below:
**A Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Aviation Management or Airport Management may substitute for one year of work experience.
- Experience in the management of an airport (e.g. Airport Manager, Assistant Manager, Operations Manager, etc.);
- Providing airport planning, construction consultation of airport development or construction of an airport (e.g. Project Manager for a consulting firm that specialized in airports);
- Served as a Manager, Chief Flight Instructor or Assistant Chief Flight Instructor for a CFR Title 14, Part 141 Flight School;
- Experience in managing aircraft operations or the operation of a business affiliated with flying aircrafts; or
- Providing consultation on aviation or airport data management for the military, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), a contractor for the FAA, or a state agency.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations;
- Computer knowledge and experience sufficient to manage a database of airport information;
- Human relation and communication skills sufficient to prepare and present technical information to diverse groups;
Required Certifications :
- FAA certification to operate high performance and complex aircraft;
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with instrument rating or airline Transport Pilot Certificate;
- 1,000 hours pilot time, 500 hours as pilot-in-command and 200 hours of fixed wing single engine time;
- Current First Class Medical Certificate by the time of appointment;
- Valid Driver's license.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations including CFR Title 14, Part 77;
- Extensive knowledge of Minnesota statutes and Minnesota rules relating to Aeronautics
APPLY ONLINE BY 11/12/2019 :
- Go to www.mn.gov/career s
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search Page in the Keywords section enter 36661 and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please select: Internet Job Board - MN Jobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.