BAS / Controls Installer
Job Category: Electrical
Req. Number: BASCO01132
Posted Date: 2020-09-23
Location: Mid-Atlantic - BAS + Service 4931 Tesla Drive Bowie, MD 20715, USA
The purpose of your role as a Controls Installer
As Controls Installer you will, assemble, plan, route, install, and repair wiring and other electrical components and equipment necessary to install engineered control and security systems.
Electrical Wiring/Installation Responsibilities:
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring and equipment based on job specifications and local codes
- Connect wires to electrical components as needed for a complete and operational system.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring or equipment using testing devices, such as ohmmeters or voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as ammeters.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Responsible for personal and team safety on jobs.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring or equipment using hand tools or power tools
What we're looking for in you
- Prior experience and/or training in the electrical field
- Prior experience testing equipment to include multi-meters and digital analyzers
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems: what they do and how they operate
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals
- Basic understanding of Programmable logic controllers, variable frequency drives, automation controls
- Basic understanding of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems including the various components and processes
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for additional details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)