BAS / Controls System Specialist
St Paul, MN, USA
What we're looking for in you
- 2 years of prior experience working with building automation systems and energy management systems.
- 2 years of basic understanding of mechanical systems: what they do and how they operate.
- 2 years of basic understanding of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- 2 years of basic understanding of computers, electronics, and electrical circuits and how they work together.
- 2 years of basic understanding of engineering and technology including principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- 2 years of basic understanding of building and construction materials, tools, and processes.
- Niagara AX certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with Honeywell products.
The purpose of your role as a BAS / Controls Specialist
The position primarily controls operational verification testing and point to point verification ensuring the system runs as efficiently as possible. This position works as a part of a team with other specialists at client or project job sites to ensure proper installation of controls systems, as well as provide diagnostic and repair services. Contributes to the desired culture and safety of the organization.
Up to 50% travel may be required.
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
- Professional development opportunities, including education reimbursement
- Growth opportunities with our construction career path options (https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/harris-career-path-options)
- Work life balance with our flexible work environment
Visit our Careers Page for additional details: https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: