CNC Machine Set-Up — 2nd Shift
Program and operate various types of CNC machines used in manufacturing of cutting tools.
Full time (40 hours/week), timely and consistent attendance
2nd Shift: Pay Range: $26.06 - $29.61 plus $0.80 shift differential
- Top pay
- Quarterly profit sharing and attendance bonuses
- Life Insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- 401k, etc.
How will you spend your time in this role?
- Program and operate CNC turning machines
- Read blueprints and or job cards for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be produced
- Install parts into machines necessary to insure proper function of machine process.
- Set machine controls to specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and angle of wheels
- Verify dimensions of finished work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Maintain efficient operations of all machines to ensure maximum productivity
- Assist in the operation of all machines
- Complete necessary paperwork and inventory input for maintaining proper documentation of operation
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Willingness to participate in various continual improvement efforts
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe work environment
What skills and experience are needed for success?
- High school diploma or GED. Any trade or technical schooling a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Training is provided.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Able to stand regularly, use hands to handle drill bits.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required in order to detect quality, including close vision.
- Upon offer of employment, employee is required to perform satisfactorily a physical showing ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you are looking for the opportunity join a growing company dedicated to its employees, apply today!
VIKING DRILL & TOOL, INC., located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, has been manufacturing America's Finest High Speed Cutting Tools™ since 1951. We only work with the finest raw material and have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality cutting tools. Viking Drill and Tool is committed to delivering quality products, on-time, and at a reasonable price. Our extensive selection of U.S. made tools is designed to give our customer the right tool for whatever tough job they encounter.