Data and Analytics Manager / Human Services Manager 2
Job Class: Human Services Manager 2
Working Title: Data and Analytics Manager / Human Services Manager 2
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/13/2020
Closing Date: 12/03/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Manager
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / Office Inspector General
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day / 8:00am - 4:30pm
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $37.45 - $53.88/hourly; $78,195 - $112,501/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 220 - Manager/Unrep
FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
The Data and Analytics Manager reports to the Inspector General and leads the Office of Inspector General's (OIG) centralized data and analytics office. This effort constitutes a new business infrastructure that joins the resources and end-products of three previously separate functions and staff.
- Determine and implement the vision, strategic plan, organization structure, objectives, priorities, and policies of the OIG Data and Analytics Office that defines and guides how OIG's data and analytics capabilities will be developed, implemented, and maintained in support of OIG's divisions.
- Determine, secure, and allocate human, financial, and other resources needed to accomplish the mission and objectives of the OIG Data and Analytics office to ensure effective use of human and fiscal resources in achieving the goals of the OIG and DHS.
- Serve as an expert consultant to OIG and DHS leadership on all matters related to the effective use of data and analysis tools and products to ensure that departmental programs, policies, and priorities are met in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Represent OIG for all data and analytics related engagements involving the county, state, federal, and tribal clientele listed above. Develop and maintain collaborative, constructive relationships with internal and external clientele necessary to support OIG mission achievement.
Supervisory or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, or 1 year serving as an Employee Resource Group (ERG) Chair or Co-Chair at Department of Human Services)
5 years of specialized professional work experience in the following
- Comprehensive knowledge of data and analytics methods, and complex statistical analytic techniques and the circumstances in which they are used.
- Influencing, developing, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Managing analytical resources and data projects
- Guiding team(s) through major change processes
- Budget development, management, and accountability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a health, analytics, research, or public administration related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the policies, budget, service industries, and clientele associated with Minnesota's public programs
- Understanding of complex government processes, federal-state-county connections, system/business infrastructure design concepts, and fiscal responsibility and accountability methods
- Experience developing and operationalizing new business infrastructure
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.