Data and Reports Coordinator – Management Analyst 4
When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture where everyone thrives.
Job Class: Management Analyst 4
Working Title: Data and Reports Coordinator
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/05/2022
- Closing Date: 08/25/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
- Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Health Care Eligibility and Operations
- Work Shift: Day Shift
- Work Hours: varies
- Days of Work: Monda - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $29.19 - $43.30/hourly; $60,948 - $90,410/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Data and Reports Coordinator serves as a principal data and reports expert for highly technical Minnesota Heath Care Programs (MHCP) eligibility and access data and reporting activities such as the modeling, acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and quality assurance of data for a broad group of stakeholders that includes county, tribal, state, federal, and community partners. MHCP encompasses a wide array of programs such as Medical Assistance (MA), Minnesota Care, Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP), and MA for Long Term Care Services (LTC) and the Medicare Savings Program.
Three (3) years of professional data analysis and/or report development experience demonstrating the following:
- Presenting data in different report formats to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Designing data structures and managing data in databases;
- Guiding the development of query language and/or writing data queries;
- Validation of data reports developed by self and others
***Bachelor's Degree or higher in Health Care Administration or related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- Two (2) years in data analysis and report development of a public health care program
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with METS, MAXIS, and/or MMIS eligibility database
- Customer service including the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in order to meet stakeholder needs.
- Effective oral and written communication that is at the appropriate level in order to tailor communication to the specific audience, ensure perspective is understood, and so stakeholders comprehend and have confidence in the information they receive.
- Ability to problem solve highly complex issues particularly as they relate to accessing, collecting, analyzing, manipulating, testing, sharing, presenting and transmitting data to meet report specifications so that issues are discovered and resolved effectively and efficiently by the appropriate people.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays each year.
A WORKPLACE CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES ACCEPTANCE! Our differences make us stronger. Leveraging our individual differences helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility into all aspects of our work and in our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commissions, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or age.
How to Apply
This posting is being extended, current applicants do not need to re-apply to be considered further.
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Tracy Roeller at email@example.com .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID number to Daniel Thorp at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.