Job Category: Engineering
Req. Number: DIGIT01273
Posted Date: 2021-04-05
Location: St. Paul, MN 909 Montreal Circle St Paul, MN 55102, USA
The purpose of your role as a Digital Designer
As a Digital Designer, you will work effectively and collaboratively with all team members, using digital informational tools to assist the Associate Architect in facilitating an efficient design process; optimizing the coordination of multi-discipline challenges and enhancing successful design. Produce detailed constructible design-drawings that support the delivery of complex design projects with BIM and other tools, typically up to an LOD of 400.
BIM Design Modeling:
- Create complete digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of a building or facility.
- Undertake collision detection across multiple disciplines
- Modeling for production of walk-through videos.
- Utilize BIM Technology to support the design process to optimize designs for customer requirements at the appropriate levels of development (LOD)
- Create 3D BIM models at an LOD 400, or as needed, for handover to construction and fabrication teams.
- Work with BIM-VCD teams to facilitate the best flow of information and the setting up of models to support delivery.
- Assist with 4D and 5D functionality to analyze different construction sequences and techniques to optimize cost and schedule.
- Assist with the other team members software, such as programs for fluid flow analysis or energy modeling to optimize/minimize geometric modeling throughout the design team.
- Assist with and instruct on the appropriate software/platforms for sharing information (laptops, tablets etc.)
- Utilize and integrate a range of software (AutoDESK, Bentley, SketchUp etc.) to facilitate understanding by the team.
BIM Construction Modeling:
- Initial model authoring:
- utilize the architectural and structural files for use with shop drawings.
- Organize and build shop drawing files per scope
- Initial Detailing/ System Modeling:
- Generate 3D model of piping, plumbing and/or ductwork systems in compliance with building codes, construction standards, contract documents, and instructions from the project leadership.
- Route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems
- Show all components and systems
- Overlay piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems with other trades
- Re-route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork as required
- Produce sign-off record drawings
What we're looking for in you
- 1+ year of drafting/design in the construction industry (or experience gained through school projects)
- Proven math, accuracy and detail-orientation skills
- Proficient understanding of Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fabrication, or Navisworks
- Working knowledge of construction practices with emphasis on mechanical systems preferred
- Demonstrable examples of using 3D and 4D integration with BIM preferred
- Ability to integrate with virtual reality/augmented reality software preferred
- Associates or bachelor's degree in BIM, Architecture or Engineering preferred
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)