Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Phoenix Residence has current openings for a Direct Support Professional. The Direct Support Professional provides direct care and active treatment for the individuals who live in our homes.
The Direct Support Professional functions as an advocate and performs, supervises, and assists individuals with the activities of daily living through individual program plans.
The Phoenix Residence was recognized as Top Workplace in Minnesota - come work for the best!
Job Duties for the Direct Support Professional include :
- Supporting individuals with all daily living needs and activities
- Cooking, cleaning tasks, and laundry; duties required to maintain a household
- Organize on-site and community engagement activities
Job Requirements :
- Requires good problem solving, decision making, and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills with the willingness to learn documentation software
- Ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, which includes lifting objects and lifting and transferring individuals
- A valid driver's license is desirable. Must pass the Motor Vehicle Check and have a clear driving record in order to drive company vehicles
- Responsible for medication passing and successful completion of TMP course
Typical shifts for our Support Professional positions may include:
- Days: 6:00am-9:00am (weekdays)
- Days: 6:00am-2:00pm (weekends)
- Evenings: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Nights: 10:00pm-8:00am
Shift start/end times and length vary based on location, day, and individual need. Applicants are matched to a position based on their availability to work and interest in the location .
Benefit package available for staff who work an average of 30 hours or more per week. PTO accrual begins the day you start employment.
The Phoenix Residence cares about our employees! We offer many programs to benefit our employees such as health and wellness, scholarship program, school supply drive, and holiday gift drive.