Facilities Engineer / Custodian
Maintains building, grounds and adjacent properties owned by the League by performing and coordinating general maintenance and repair work during and after business hours as needed. Perform internal staff support for facility issues.
Salary: $23.48 - $25.83 Hourly
- Life and Supplemental Life insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- Long and short-term disability
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Operate, repair, maintain and diagnose building systems and equipment such as; boilers, heat pumps, heat exchangers, water heaters, HVAC control systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems including chillers, package and split A/C units, cooling towers, compressors, pneumatics, direct digital controls, emergency generators, circulating pumps, fan units, and others.
- Operate and maintain security system, elevator, emergency generator, fire safety systems, low voltage systems including; video cameras, card readers, automatic door openers, AED and public address system.
- Perform and preventative maintenance programs and procedures.
- Respond and assist with coordinating repairs to building systems and equipment.
- Respond to building emergencies and after hour calls for repair.
- Performs minor carpentry work and repairs.
- Keeps accurate records (e.g. preventative maintenance reports, work order reports, and fuel).
- Maintains property grounds (inspections, mowing, shoveling, salting, assist with coordinating landscape maintenance and snow removal, pest control, and irrigation system repairs).
- Coordinates and assists in conference room setup and reconfiguration for meetings.
- Serves as backup for cleaning personnel as needed.
- Occasionally delivers equipment or picks up purchased supplies.
- Read construction documents and specifications, shop drawings, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to learn/earn additional certifications as identified by supervisor/manager, including Building Operator Certification (BOC) Program
- Performs other related work as apparent or directed.
- Skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience that has included: heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and boiler, operation, maintenance and repair work.
- Vocational-technical program course work in air conditioning/refrigeration/heating, electrical maintenance and boiler control, operation and maintenance.
- Ability to operate power tools and small engines to perform minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and hardware repairs.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of equipment and building systems.
- Skill in operating BAS, fire protection systems, VAV, and DDC systems.
- Basic understanding of HVAC systems.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Windows based systems, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Available to be on-call during non-work hours.
- Valid MN Driver's license and transportation available.