Health Data Analyst – Agency Policy Specialist
Job Class: Agency Policy Specialist
Working Title: Health Data Analyst (eHealth)
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/30/2019
Closing Date: 11/12/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services / Central Office
Division/Unit: Healthcare Research & Quality / Care Delivery & Payment Reform
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $28.15 - $41.76/hourly; $58,777 - $87,194/annually
Classified Status: Unclassified
End Date: 09/30/2021
Connect 700 Program Eligible : No
***This posting is being extended, you do not need to reapply to be considered***
This position will assist the Department of Human Services (DHS) to advance care delivery and payment reform policy goals by developing and executing informatics and analytic projects that support providers and DHS clients engaged in care coordination and payment reform initiatives. Work responsibilities include developing and providing informatics technical assistance to providers participating in payment reform and care delivery transitions as part of the Integrated Health Partnership (IHP) program. The incumbent will participate on planning teams charged to design and disseminate information related to IHP and other reform initiatives including performance incentives, quality improvement, and care delivery within DHS and with external groups as assigned. This position will also be part of the planning team for Medicaid e-health implementation activities as it relates to integration of e-health clinical data in Medicaid quality and other reporting functions. This may include supporting the statewide implementation of the Medicaid Encounter Alerting Service in compliance with State and Federal law and guidelines. The incumbent will prepare and assist in the interpretation of health care data for use in design of payment methodologies and for measurement of outcomes of accountable care models. He/she will measure health care utilization and performance rates against appropriate standards, and conduct data analyses necessary for measuring health care outcomes and health system or health plan performance.
Minimum Qualifications: Three (3) years of professional experience as a systems or data analyst in a health care environment demonstrating the following:
- Expertise with programming tools used to support provider reporting such as, SAS and SQL knowledge.
- Experience working with health care data collection, data manipulation, data transformation and interpretation, and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the health services delivery system, including specific knowledge about accountable care organizations, health reform, purchasing strategy, cost containment and performance measurement.
- Expertise with programming tools used to support provider reporting with particular emphasis on SAS and SQL knowledge.
- Knowledgeable of health information exchange concepts and requirements for different transactions, such as DIRECT, provider directories, query, etc.
- Working knowledge of health care quality measurement principles and methodologies, as well as a working knowledge of the underlying data needs for implementing standard health care quality metrics.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.