Health Program Representative
Job Class: Health Program Representative
Working Title: Health Program Rep
- Who May Apply: Open to all bidders of MDH and all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be accepted through 08/09/2022.
- Date Posted: 08/03/2022
- Closing Date: 08/17/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Department of Health / Health-MAPE
- Division/Unit: Public Health Laboratory Division / Newborn Screening Point of Care
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $21.43 - $31.00/hourly; $44,745 - $64,728/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position will contribute to the public health of all babies born in the State of Minnesota, through early detection and intervention of congenital and heritable diseases. This position provides support to the Newborn Screening Point of Care Program within the Public Health Laboratory. The major areas of responsibility include providing professional public health program support to the newborn screening program, engaging in ongoing assessment of the program's information system needs pertaining to result notification and outcome tracking of infants undergoing repeat or further diagnostic testing, coordinating state-wide program activities; monitoring birthing center and provider compliance trends and assisting with newborn screening studies. All positions within the MDH Public Health Lab will work to cultivate an inclusive work environment for all, with respect to diversity and equity.
This position currently has the option to telework (within Minnesota or neighboring states).
Bachelor's degree in Public Health or a related field.
Two years of administrative support, paraprofessional, or technical experience working in a public health or health-related program.
Experience must include the one of the following: (Must be clearly stated on your resume to be considered.)
• Experience working with health program laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
• Experience researching, analyzing, tracking, and/or compiling public health or health-related information.
• Knowledge of public health principals or research methods sufficient to analyze health information or provide education on public health issues.
• Understanding of health care systems.
• Understanding of electronic medicals records and laboratory information systems.
• Experience establishing rapport with physicians, healthcare professionals, families, lay groups, and coworkers.
• Experience with data entry and utilizing computer systems and software (PRISM, Microsoft Office Suite, and Oracle).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently when following up on cases.
• Ability to contribute positively to team dynamics and offer solutions for problems.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Why Work For Us
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employee longevity and job satisfaction.
We offer a competitive benefits package including employee and family health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health promotion programs, pre-tax benefits, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, deferred compensation, retirement benefits, and more!
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Elizabeth Huckins at email@example.com .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job Posting ID number to Elizabeth Huckins at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at email@example.com .
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.