Health Program Representative Intermediate
Job Class: Health Program Representative Intermediate
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers. Bidders will be considered through 05/19/2022.
- Date Posted: 05/13/2022
- Closing Date: 05/26/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Health Department / Health-MAPE
- Division/Unit: Health Protection / Program & Partnership
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: 50% of the time
- Salary Range: $22.38 - $32.49/hourly; $46,729 - $67,839/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Association of Professional Employment/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position is located within the Healthcare-Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance (HAI/AR) Programs and Partnerships Unit, located within the Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Prevention, and Control (IDEPC) Division at MDH. The Section's goals include reducing healthcare-associated infections and improving antimicrobial use. The Health Program Representative (HPR) Intermediate is responsible for the development, maintenance, and evaluation of HAI/AR-related resources for communicating and collaborating with partners engaged in infection prevention and control and HAI/AR prevention activities. This position also supports programmatic activities such as antimicrobial stewardship, hospital and long-term care prevalence survey, Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICAR) program activities, and communication/data management initiatives
- A Bachelor's degree in public health or related field
- AND One (1) year of professional experience. Responsibilities may include grant management; coordination of services; community organization including staffing of external task forces; program or research project management; health education and promotion; or interpretation of policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Experience using REDCap
Qualifications to be assessed at interview:
- Demonstrate knowledge of state laws pertaining to Communicable disease Reporting and Data Practices
- Demonstrate working knowledge of HAI/AR case definitions, surveillance and program protocols
- Ability to develop and manage new procedures, and /or programs
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity and adapt to uncertainty
- Experience developing and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage a high volume of time-sensitive work while balancing priorities between different project and different tasks.
- A Master's degree in Public Health or related field
- Knowledge of:
- Current research and practices for oral health programs including primary and secondary prevention of oral and chronic diseases, complications, and risk factors.
- State/federal policies related to oral health.
- Research and evaluation methods for community programs including appropriate strategies for quality data collection, management and analysis.
- And skill in all phases of implementation of assessment, program development and evaluation methods appropriate to population health, community intervention and health communication projects, health care and quality improvement strategies related to health promotion and chronic disease prevention and control.
This position requires successful completion of a background check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Courtney Sutliff at email@example.com or 651-201-5684 .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the job ID # to Courtney Sutliff to firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.