Human Services Manager 2 – Operations and Finance Manager
Job Class: Human Services Manager 2
Working Title: Operations and Finance Manager
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 04/09/2021
Closing Date: 04/29/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Manager
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / CSA Behavioral Health Director
Work Shift/Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $37.45 - $53.88/hourly; $78,195 - $112,501/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 220 - Manager/Unrep
FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
The Operations and Finance Manager will direct and contribute to the establishment/management of the division's operational budget and grants/contracts budget. This position exists to provide direction and management support for the division administrative operations, ensure compliance with federal reporting and legislative requirements, and work with external stakeholders, grantees, contractors, and constituents to advance effective partnership and collaboration.
- Protect the financial integrity of the division's business operations and make data-driven resource decisions
- Leads, plan and implement modifications to the division grant/contract process to enhance efficiency, strengthen internal controls, and establishes accountability.
- Act as the division's liaison to systems-related work and as the division's liaison for the Contracts and Legal Compliance Division and Finance Operations Division
- Determine the need for operational, policy, and procedure improvements; develop resources and implement plans to meet such needs; and evaluate whether they were successful
- Collaborate with other divisions, programs, state agencies, private agencies and community groups to accomplish the agency's and administration's goals/objectives.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Public Policy, Business Administration or related field
5 years of specialized professional experience with state and federal budgeting procedures
Experience must include:
- Budget development and fiscal analysis
- Drafting and reviewing legislative fiscal notes
- Financial audit and/or compliance related work, such as establishing internal controls, conducting financial reconciliations and audits.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets for a complex organization
- Knowledge of government and public administration to develop and influence program policy and fiscal strategies
- Ability to analyze and understand the impact of changes and trends in federal and state legislation and associated funding streams
- Demonstrated experience working with large teams, diverse staff, and complex programs.
Demonstrated leadership experience, leadership experience can include:
- Experience as a supervisor, leadworker, team lead;
- Completion of a State of Minnesota leadership program (e.g. ELI, L4);
- A paid/unpaid position leading a program or chairing a committee (e.g. ERG) - experience must include:
- 1+ year of experience identifying issues, goals and strategic actions
- 100+ hours per year time commitment
- Certified Public Accountant in addition to Bachelor's Degree
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment .
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.