Human Services Manager 4 – Chief Administration Officer
Working Title: Chief Administration Officer
Job Class: Human Services Manager 4
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 04/07/2021
Closing Date: 04/20/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Manager
Division/Unit: DCT Support Services / DCT Administration
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $43.39 - $62.12/hourly; $90,598 - $129,706/annually
Classified Status: Statutory Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 220 - Manager/Unrep
FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
This is a statutory unclassified position, which means the incumbent serves at the will of the appointing authority and does not acquire permanent status.
Direct Care & Treatment (DCT) is a division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) that delivers publicly funded residential, nonresidential and treatment services to people with complex needs including mental illness, developmental disabilities and chemical dependency. Core programs and services provided include Forensics, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Services, Community Based Services, Minnesota Sex Offender Program and clinics Each of these core services have different functions, different program leadership, and different regulatory and statutory mandates. Additionally, programs within this complex healthcare network are geographically dispersed throughout Minnesota, with over 200 sites statewide.
The Chief Administration Officer is responsible for providing executive leadership and oversight to central operations services that go across divisions and locations. Working in a heavily regulated environment, the Chief Administration Officer is responsible for identifying opportunities which enhance client services, meet regulatory requirements and align with legislative direction. This includes providing managerial oversight and strategic direction to the administrative areas critical to the effective operations of these sites. Areas of oversight include the management of facilities, leases, fleet and assets; safety (personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies); and physical plant (building automation, asset preservation, bonding and special projects) across all core divisions of DCT. The Chief Administrative Officer is able to carry out these responsibilities through creative partnerships and establishing collaborative relationships with other providers. The Chief Administration Officers provides quality deliverables that balance the State of Minnesota interests with those of the facilities and the people we serve.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Directing Operations Management: As the Chief Administrative Officer, this position directs administrative operations that cross all DCT divisions, monitors and evaluates the administrative health and effectiveness business systems, including the utilization of human capital. The Chief Administration Officer ensures that the facilities are managed and operating within limits set by regulatory entities, federal and state laws, safety standards, budget constraints, legislative direction and DHS directives.
- Oversight and Development of Program and Project Management. The Chief Administration Officer designs, leads and implements DCT cross divisional programs and projects that are consistent across DHS administrations and DCT divisions. This includes providing leadership to address and facilitate the resolution of issues, developing consistent standards, meeting sustainability requirements, monitoring building space, and managing DCT's central warehouse.
- Directing Financial Management: The Chief Administration officer provides executive level oversight of administrative budgets to strategically plan for and protect the financial integrity of DCT's business operations and make data-based resource decisions.
- Representing DCT and Coordinating with DHS Chief Administrative Officers from all DHS Administrations: The Chief Administration officer will advocate for DCT and coordinate with DHS to ensure DCT is aligned with the agencies operational and administrative directions and actions.
- Vendor and Contract Management: The Chief Administration Officer manages the contracts, vendors and sub-vendors for all large, cross divisional security system projects.
The Chief Administration Officer will:
- Lead and support the goals and objectives defined by DCT strategic plan which supports a corporate healthcare network that provides quality services to the people we serve in a cost efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate with executive leadership to form and implement strategic plans that identify initiatives, resolve issues, and recommend solutions across business divisions in order to best support the DCT mission, values and goals
- Monitor DCT operational performance and direct resources to support DCT divisions, sites and programs in a manner which minimizes risks; maintains compliance with governing bodies; enhances staff, clients, and public safety; and is also fiscally responsible
- Provide leadership and direction to direct and indirect reports; including assigning responsibilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and evaluating results in a manner which is compliant with established policies and labor agreements
3 years of managerial experience within a large, multi-faceted, multi-divisional healthcare organization managing operational and facility management programs, including strategic planning and directing the work of staff.
Experience must also demonstrate the following:
- 2 years of experience overseeing multiple facility management programs and physical plants at various locations
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws, healthcare regulations, accreditation standards, and licensing requirements of healthcare facilities
- Leading process and continuous improvement projects at various organization levels including division level, program level and site specific to support long-term financial and program strategies
- Application of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures for multiple facilities and multiple funding sources
- Evaluating the nature and severity of political, operational, and legal situations, events and actions that pose risk or harm to staff or patients and using the information to advise leadership and implement solutions
- 8 years of professional work experience within a large, multi-faceted, multi-divisional healthcare organization managing operational and facility management programs
- Experience working with federal, state, and county government regulating entities
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare management, public administration, business management or related field
Available upon request from the local Human Resources Office.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.