Human Svcs Prog Consultant – Enterprise Data Planner
Job Class: Human Services Program Consultant
Working Title: Human Svcs Prog Consultant - Enterprise Data Planner
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/12/2021
- Closing Date: 11/01/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / DHS Business Solutions Data
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Days of Work:Monday-Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $30.59 - $45.36/hourly; $63,871 - $94,711/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
As an Enterprise Data Planner you will be part of a team of enterprise-focused strategic planners and experts established to steer and ensure enterprise level analysis, planning and coordination across Department of Human Services (DHS) administrations, MNIT Services and associated external partners in relation to the establishment of an aligned enterprise level approach and governance foundation for managing and accessing data across the enterprise and DHS IT systems modernization.
"This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in transforming the way a large state agency approaches the management of data as an asset in order to support person-centered integrated services for Minnesotans. This includes collaborating and educating DHS, county and tribal nation staff who need to transition to new applications, platforms and ways of accessing, using and sharing human services data as businesses move through the different phases of modernization. This position works closely with business areas managing change and mitigating risks associated with modernization and changes impacting human services data and its use. This is also a great opportunity to work in the State's largest agency with a strong team dedicated to DHS' mission of working with others to help meet people's basic needs so they can live in dignity and achieve their highest potential. If this interests you, we want to hear from you!"
Four (4) years specialized strategic planning experience with one or more areas of data and/or information management including but not limited data standardization, data architecture, data governance, data analytics and/or measurement knowhow specialization
Experience must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of governance fundamentals and model options for governing data, setting data standards and managing data, data architecture and data polices on a daily basis
- Understanding of data bases, data management applications, data analytics, data utilization and trends in relation to decisions, measurement and accountability
- Utilizing change management concepts and be able to apply change management techniques in relation to communications plans and messages
- Strategic planning/leadership skills sufficient enough to have the ability to maintain enterprise perspective and facilitate enterprise efforts
- Strong human relations skills; communicating clearly and professionally with a variety of individuals/groups, in person and in writing (e.g., rules/policies, technical, skilled presenter, negotiator and broker of decisions) in a manner consistent with audience understanding.
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Knowledge of the current state of Minnesota's human services data, its use and management;
- Experience with data architecture, data governance and data analytics;
- A data-focused understanding of Minnesota's human services program infrastructure, associated core functions, business processes, legacy systems dependencies, and programs/policies (Medicaid, Medicare and other) used to fund services for qualifying individuals and families; and
- Maintain enterprise perspective, effectively work with key players and stakeholders and have skills needed to create and produce technical and non-technical deliverables and research findings
- Experience conducting policy research and analysis, as well as prior experience working with data and information in a government setting
- Ability to Experience facilitating group processes and decision making
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Elizabeth Moua at Elizabeth.Moua@state.mn.us
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Toni Shobe at Tonika.Shobe@state.mn.us by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.