Industrial Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd shift
Viking Drill & Tool, an employee-owned St. Paul manufacturer of high-speed cutting tools, is looking for talented Industrial Maintenance Mechanics.
Join our team today! We are in the top 90 percentile for manufacturer's pay!
Shift: 3rd Shift; 10:00pm to 6:30am; Sunday - Friday.
Pay range: $29.55 - $33.58/hour, plus a $1.15 pay differential for 3rd shift
As an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will utilize your problem solving skills to perform root-cause analysis on essential machines. You will troubleshoot using knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical systems in order to repair, move and maintain machines and tools. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to join a growing company dedicated to its employees, apply today!
Full Benefit Package:
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k, ESOP
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Attendance Bonuses, Safety Bonsus
- Tuition Reimbursement and much more.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing break-downs, identifying root cause of problems and making repairs on a variety of grinding equipment used on CNC machines.
- Read and review mechanical and electrical print diagrams and technical repair manuals
- Execute planned and unexpected repairs of all building equipment
- Demonstrate safety and quality standards when installing and repairing machinery
- Record all maintenance activities using computerized maintenance software
- Make steel fabrications utilizing measuring, cutting, bending and welding techniques
- Operate personnel lifts and material handling equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years Mechanical Maintenance experience
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repairs and maintenance
- Ability to safely operate an array of machining equipment including forklifts, personal lifts, etc.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical print diagrams and technical repair manuals
- Ability to operate machine tools to make or repair parts per close tolerance prints
Physical Demand Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push and pull with 50 pounds of force
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle drill bits
- Specific vision abilities required for this role include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and verify quality.
- Upon offer of employment, candidate is required to perform satisfactorily in a physical showing ability to perform the essential functions of this role
*Employment offers contingent on passing background and drug/alcohol assessment
About Viking Drill & Tool:
Viking Drill & Tool is reputable and growing employee owned manufacturer that has been providing the finest high speed cutting tools since 1951. Quality at Viking Drill begins with the finest tool steel we can buy and ends with the world class products in our catalog. Our cutting tools are designed, engineered and superbly crafted to provide long lasting durability. Our 74,000 square foot St. Paul, Minnesota manufacturing facility is specifically designed for the unique task of efficient high quality cutting tool manufacturing. Consistency is a natural by-product of our experience and dedication to quality. At Viking, skilled machine operators working with the world's finest raw materials have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality products time after time, year after year.