Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
In this role, you will have the opportunity to advance your career as a machine operator with a growing, employee-owned manufacturer. You will develop valuable industry skills by operating grinding machinery. Other responsibilities include loading, unloading, sorting, counting, quality checking and making adjustments to machinery to ensure safety and efficiency.
Pay range: $19.52 - $21.68 per hour + $0.80 Shift Differential
Shift/Hours: 2nd Shift; 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Full Benefit Package:
- Medical (including H.S.A.)
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Quarterly Profit Sharing and Attendance Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement and much more.
Summary: Operate grinding machinery used in the manufacturing of twist drill bits. Load, unload, sort, count, check quality and make minor adjustments to keep machinery running within strict tolerances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training is provided
- Full time (40 hours/week), timely and consistent attendance
- Obtain stock to be run on machines by following schedules
- Load and unload drills from machine
- Make minor adjustments to controls to assure quality is maintained
- Verify and control specifications within job card tolerances
- Use measuring devices such as micrometer, ruler and scopes to assure quality standards are maintained
- Accurate completion of paperwork for maintaining proper documentation of operations
- Willing to participate in various continual improvement efforts
- Communicated the machine and quality status to Setups and Leads
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Meet the physical demands of the position
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Able to stand regularly, use hands to handle drill bits, and ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in order to detect quality, including close vision. Upon offer of employment, employee is required to perform satisfactorily a physical showing ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
**Employment offers contingent on passing background and drug/alcohol assessment
If you are looking for the opportunity join a growing company dedicated to its employees, apply today!
About Viking Drill & Tool:
Viking Drill & Tool is reputable and growing employee owned manufacturer that has been providing the finest high speed cutting tools since 1951. Quality at Viking Drill begins with the finest tool steel we can buy and ends with the world class products in our catalog. Our cutting tools are designed, engineered and superbly crafted to provide long lasting durability. Our 74,000 square foot St. Paul, Minnesota manufacturing facility is specifically designed for the unique task of efficient high quality cutting tool manufacturing. Consistency is a natural by-product of our experience and dedication to quality. At Viking, skilled machine operators working with the world's finest raw materials have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality products time after time, year after year.