Machine Operator – 3rd Shift
Job Title: Machine Operator 3rd Shift
Compensation: $19.52 - $21.68 + $1.15 Shift Differential
Shift/Hours: 3rd shift starts on Sunday night at 10 p.m. and the week ends on Friday morning at 6:30 a.m.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to advance your career as a machine operator with a growing, employee-owned manufacturer. You will develop valuable industry skills by operating grinding machinery. Other responsibilities include loading, unloading, sorting, counting, quality checking and making adjustments to machinery to ensure safety and efficiency. If you are looking for the opportunity join a growing company dedicated to its employees, apply today!
How will you spend your time in this role?
- Obtain stock to be run on machines, following set schedules
- Load and unload machine drills
- Make minor adjustments to controls to ensure product quality
- Verify and control specifications within job card tolerances
- Use industry tools such as micrometers, rulers and scopes to maintain quality standards
- Communicate machine and quality status to Setups and Leads
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment
- Participate in continual improvement programs
- All other duties as assigned
What skills and experience are needed for success?
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret department guides such as safety rules and operating/procedural manuals
- Can communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Basic math (can add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements)
- Available to work full time (40 hours/week) on 2nd or 3rd shift, meeting attendance requirements
Physical Demand Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle drill bits
- Specific vision abilities required for this role include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and verify quality.
- Upon offer of employment, candidate is required to perform satisfactorily in a physical showing ability to perform the essential functions of this role
VIKING DRILL & TOOL, INC., located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, has been manufacturing America's Finest High Speed Cutting Tools™ since 1951. We only work with the finest raw material and have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality cutting tools. Viking Drill and Tool is committed to delivering quality products, on-time, and at a reasonable price. Our extensive selection of U.S. made tools is designed to give our customer the right tool for whatever tough job they encounter.