Machine Set-Up (3rd Shift)
Job Title: Machine Setup 3rd Shift
Location: St. Paul, MN
Compensation: $23.15 - $9.61/hour +$1.15 Shift Differential
Work Hours/Shift: 3rd shift, 10:00pm to 6:30am
In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your skills in Machine Setup to advance your career with a growing, employee-owned manufacturer. You will setup and operate grinding machines used in the manufacturing of twist drill bits. Other responsibilities include grinding internal and external surfaces of metal work pieces to ordered specifications.
How will you spend your time in this role?
- Interpret blueprints and job cards for product specifications including dimensions, tolerances and number of parts to produce
- Install necessary parts to machines to ensure the ability to function properly
- Set machine controls to specified grinding speeds, feed rates and angle of wheels
- Verify dimensions of finished work piece for quality and conformance to specifications
- Troubleshoot and maintain efficient operations of all machines to ensure maximum productivity
- Assist in operations of all machines
- Complete necessary paperwork and inventory input for maintaining proper documentation of operation
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment
- Participate in continual improvement programs
- All other duties as assigned
What skills and experience are needed for success?
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret department guides such as safety rules and operating/procedural manuals
- Can communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Basic math (can add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements)
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and ability to determine what kind of maintenance is needed
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Available to work full time (40 hours/week) on 2nd or 3rd shift, meeting attendance requirements
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle drill bits
- Specific vision abilities required for this role include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and verify quality.
- Upon offer of employment, candidate is required to perform satisfactorily in a physical showing ability to perform the essential functions of this role
If you are looking for the opportunity join a growing company dedicated to its employees, apply today!
VIKING DRILL & TOOL, INC., located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, has been manufacturing America's Finest High Speed Cutting Tools™ since 1951. We only work with the finest raw material and have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality cutting tools. Viking Drill and Tool is committed to delivering quality products, on-time, and at a reasonable price. Our extensive selection of U.S. made tools is designed to give our customer the right tool for whatever tough job they encounter.