Mental Health Practitioner – Clinical Trainee
Fraser strives to make a meaningful and lasting difference in the lives of children and adults with special needs. We accomplish this by providing housing, healthcare, and education services. Fraser is currently seeking Mental Health Practitioners to serve children with Autism and Mental Health Diagnosis!
As a Mental Health Practitioner II at Fraser, you hold aMaster's Degreein a mental health discipline and are on aclinical licensure track. Caseloads may include day treatment and outpatient therapy services working with children, families, and young adults. Some caseloads include in-home or in-school services, primarily serving preschool-aged children with autism and/or mental health diagnosis, including:
- Implementing personalized, responsive client treatment plans
- Conduct individual, family, and group therapy and skills training
- Perform crisis interventions
- Welcome new clients and conduct diagnostic assessments
- Collaborate and communicate with parents, county workers, social workers, probation officers, and other key individuals in the client's life
- Positively affect change in client's lives in the areas of problem solving, decision making, communication, social skills, and behavior interventions
- Provide work direction and leadership to staff in day treatment classrooms
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Individual and group supervision is provided free of charge and built into your schedule
- The opportunity to perform therapeutic interventions and treatments that are often reserved for licensed professionals (DA's, outpatient therapy, introduction to supervising)
- Variety of experiences to help you grow as a clinician
- Multi-disciplinary team model for accelerated career growth and learning opportunities while obtaining licensure
- Consistent salary regardless of client attendance
- Support teams to assist with client engagement, cancellations, and insurance authorizations (aka - you don't schedule your own clients, which saves you time!)
- Access to ongoing monthly and annual training opportunities, including continuing education units
- Fraser is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education's public services loan forgiveness program.
- Work-life balance; over 5 weeks of paid time off annually
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement planning
- Referral bonuses; refer someone who is hired and both parties receive bonuses
- Ongoing training and career development; learn best practices adapted from the American Psychological Association
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coon Rapids, Minnesota
- Eagan, Minnesota
- Richfield, Minnesota
- Bloomington, Minnesota
- Woodbury, Minnesota
School-based sites available:
- Anoka Washington Headstart
- Ramsey Headstart
- Bloomington Southwood
- Different scheduling options available
- Completed Master's degree and ontrack toward independent clinical licensure (LPCC, LMFT, LICSW)
- Social Workers - must have a graduate-level license (LGSW)
- Previous experience working with preschool-aged children, preferably in a clinical setting
- Ability to transport yourself in reasonable timing from one location to another for training, coverage, etc.
- Comfortable working in multiple settings and environments; Fraser provides services to a diverse population of clients and families (e.g., diverse cultures, backgrounds, socioeconomic status)
- Commitment to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion with a focus on culturally responsive practice, internal self-awareness, and reflection.
Please note the health and safety of Fraser clients and staff is a top priority.We have created health and safety protocols to address the risk of COVID-19. These protocols are continually being updated based on current guidance and best practice recommendations from the MN Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Fraser is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for our monthly recruitment newsletter athttp://eepurl.com/gBwS65.
If you are having trouble applying or have questions, please contact Fraser HR email@example.com 612.767.7550. If you have successfully submitted your application, you will get a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your junk/spam folders, then contact us as we may not have received your application. Thank you for considering Fraser!