Job Category: Payroll
Req. Number: PAYRO01205
Posted Date: 2021-01-11
Location: St. Paul, MN 909 Montreal Circle St Paul, MN 55102, USA
The purpose of your role as a Payroll Accountant
As a Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for providing support in maintaining accurate, complete and timely payroll and benefit related payments and submission of needed journal entries. Serve as the main accounting contact based on assigned area of responsibility. This role is apart of the Payroll team, and works closely and collaboratively with other teams, including human capital and finance.
- Perform daily / monthly accounting duties including trouble shooting of differences and errors through data mining, detail analysis and research.
- Prepare and process correcting journal entries to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded to maintain accurate financial records for payroll and benefit related items
- Monitor child support and garnishment deductions and remittances
- Prepare and monitor retirement, HSA, Life Insurance payments
- Prepare required journal entries
- Submit monthly Health Insurance bills
- Support the month end close timelines, for payroll and benefit related items
- Assist with the annual financial audit, preparing accurate audit support schedules, reports and deliverables in a timely manner for payroll related items
- Complete weekly certified payroll and monthly utilization reports
- Reconcile, calculate, and remit monthly union fringe benefits
What we're looking for in you
- 2+ years payroll and benefit processing
- 2+ years accounting experience with general ledger
- 2+ years established record of process improvement methodologies which result in organizational efficiencies
- 2+ years of experience with accounting and payroll reporting systems (COINS, UltiPro, Adaptive Insights is preferred)
- Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP and Accounting practices required
- Advanced computer skills in Excel (VLOOKUP's and pivot tables), Word and other Microsoft Office 365 tools required
- Associates degree preferred in accounting
- Understanding of construction operations preferred
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)