Job Category: Payroll
Req. Number: PAYRO01168
Posted Date: 2020-11-16
Location: St. Paul, MN 909 Montreal Circle St Paul, MN 55102, USA
The purpose of your role as a Payroll Assistant
As a Payroll Assistant, you assist with duties and tasks associated with payroll. Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to others payroll team members. Performs work under direct supervision.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Process new hire paperwork and set up new employees in accounting systems and HR systems, including paid leave (vacation, sick, etc.) setup.
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Assist with Union Wage Reporting
- Respond to Unemployment Claims, Employment verifications
- Maintain Wage Attachment files
- Complete weekly certified payroll and monthly utilization reports.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
What we're looking for in you
- 2+ year of Microsoft Office experience with strong excel skills
- 10-key/data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Able to handle confidential information and be sensitive to personal situations
- Communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
- Working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures and federal and state statutes
- Associates degree preferred in HR, Accounting, or related
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)