Payroll Timekeeping System Analyst
Job Category: Accounting
Req. Number: PAYRO01173
Posted Date: 2020-11-17
Location: St. Paul, MN 909 Montreal Circle St Paul, MN 55102, USA
The purpose of your role as a Payroll Timekeeping System Analyst
As a Payroll Timekeeping System Analyst, you will perform a wide variety of payroll and timekeeping system analysis activities in support of the Payroll and Accounting departments. Maintains and organization payroll and timekeeping information in the timekeeping system, UltiPro Time & Attendance. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing. Works under general supervision.
Human Capital Management System Timekeeping:
- Designs and maintains the Human Capital Management System timekeeping system, UltiPro Time & Attendance, in support of the organization's data management and reporting needs.
- Follows established procedures for updating, validating, and correcting timekeeping information in UltiPro Time & Attendance
- Enter union, field new hire information into UltiPro Time & Attendance ensuring accuracy.
- Partner with field leaders and division managers to manage UltiPro Time & Attendance time approval and compliance.
- Assist Payroll Administrators with weekly certified payroll and monthly utilization reports as needed.
- Process reports such as Variance Reporting and Union Reporting
- Assist with Union audits for assigned companies by providing information and reports as requested.
- Update UltiPro Time & Attendance with new collection bargaining agreement requirements and validate that the information is applying correctly.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the information stored within UltiPro Time & Attendance.
- Create and run reports for field leaders and divisions leaders in UltiPro Time & Attendance as needed.
- Be a resource for leaders and employees to answer questions and troubleshoot issues in UltiPro Time & Attendance.
- Partner with the Accounting team to respond to and align UltiPro Time & Attendance accounting system to resolve any job cost issues.
- Assist union field leaders and division leaders with troubleshooting any job cost issues in UltiPro Time & Attendance.
What we're looking for in you
- Associates degree required in HR, Accounting, or related
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience working on a payroll or accounting team
- 1+ years of prior experience in a union environment
- 4+ years of Microsoft Office experience - strong excel skills
- 10-key/data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of payroll laws and accounting practices preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures and federal and state statutes preferred
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)