Phlebotomist-1.0 fulltime (Days)
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children's is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children's Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children's Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children's maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children's health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children's received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org .
The laboratories at Children's Hospitals and Clinics are full service facilities that offer a complete spectrum of laboratory techniques for the evaluation of pediatric disorders. Laboratories are located on both the Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses and and provide services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Disciplines include Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Virology, Serology, Blood Bank, Immunology/Flow Cytometry, Histology and Pathology.
Interacts with all patients and their families in a pleasant, efficient and cooperative manner, exhibiting sensitivity to cultural differences. Performs blood collections in a safe, accurate and professional manner on all age groups and degrees of difficulty. Monitors patients for unexpected reactions and responds to emergency situations as required. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves problems. Provides a variety of other services including but not limited to answering the telephone, sweat sodium collection, throat culture collection, glucose tolerance testing and waived laboratory testing. Responsible for specimen receipt, assessment, and pre-analytical processing services per written policies and procedures.
* National certification preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Pediatric phlebotomy experience and/or graduation from an accredited medical assistant or phlebotomy program preferred.
* Collects specimens using knowledge of laboratory techniques.
* Possesses outstanding professional and positive customer service skills.
* Must have excellent problem solving and follow up skills.
* Experience with healthcare computer information systems.
* Solid knowledge of medical terminology.
* Must be highly organized, efficient, and multifunctional, work independently and within a team.
* Demonstrates a forward thinking approach, continually looking for ways to improve processes, tools and resources to best serve the healthcare team and clients.
* Ability to manage challenging situations in providing services to patients and families.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.