Planning Dir State – Strategic Planning Coordinator
Job Class: Planning Director State
Working Title: Planning Dir State - Strategic Planning Coordinator
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/07/2021
Closing Date: 06/28/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / Agency-wide Supports
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $31.70 - $47.14/hourly; $66,189 - $98,428/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
As the Strategic Planning Coordinator you will manage/direct the Department of Human Services (DHS) agency-wide approach to strategic planning, leadership development, and organizational effectiveness through communication, guidance, and assistance to the commissioner and other senior leaders with the goal of advancing agency-wide, cross-administration and cross-governmental/sector initiatives. In this position, you will:
- Direct initiatives, in concert with the commissioner, deputy commissioners, assistant commissioners, MNIT@DHS leadership, directors, and other leaders, to support the overall work of the agency to increase the agency's ability to align, renew, and sustain effectiveness.
- This work will include strategic planning efforts and managerial-level coordination, responsibility and oversight of projects to develop major cross-partnership (DHS, MNIT@DHS, county, tribal) strategic priorities that increase the agency's ability to improve cross-program, cross-administration, and cross-partnership outcomes in the lives of people served. Responsibilities include working closely with both agency-wide leadership and externally with counties and other stakeholders.
- This position works with senior leaders, implementation teams, and individuals, and is required to influence at all levels of the organization to achieve outcomes.
- Attend to the way leadership is exercised, formally and informally, throughout the agency to support key decisions and the way they are made, communicated, and carried out.
- Integrate leadership activity with leadership development to create a system of leadership that advances the agency's mission and develops current and future leaders.
3 years of specialized professional experience in consulting, strategic planning, project management and/or organizational design. Experience must demonstrate:
- Leading large-scale planning, improvement, or organizational development initiatives
- Working directly with senior/executive level management
- Project management, leading complex projects across administrations or organizations
- Facilitation of group discussions, public speaking, and presenting complex information to diverse audiences
- Leading the development of detailed action plans
- Building and overseeing effective workgroups and teams with a variety of stakeholders and perspectives
- Program evaluation and/or performance management principles and practice
- Working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures
- 5 years of consulting experience
- Knowledge of DHS programs, their interrelationships, and an understanding of human services policy and procedures, and of government functions and relations.
- Experience using one or more the following continuous improvement tools: Lean, Six Sigma, Baldridge, Balanced Scorecard, Outcome Evaluation, Results Based Accountability etc.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.