Policy and Planning Team Supervisor
Job Class: Human Services Supervisor 4
Working Title: Policy and Planning Team Supervisor
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/05/2019
Closing Date: 11/25/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / Child Support Division
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / CSE Management
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $35.36 - $50.74/hourly; $73,831 - $105,945/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 - Middle Management Association/MMA
FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
The Policy and Planning Team Supervisor position exists within the Child Support Division. The position's primary responsibility is to direct and manage all policy and program development for the division as well as to supervise staff assigned to the Policy and Planning Unit.
As the Policy and Planning Team Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Directing the development and preparation of legislative proposals;
- Working with the legislative coordinator and stakeholders as proposals move through the legislative process;
- Directing the implementation of policy change;
- Ensuring program compliance and integrity effort;
- Hiring, evaluating, disciplining, coaching, guiding and facilitating staff assigned to this area and its work;
- Supervising and coordinating the work of the staff assigned to the policy and planning unit.
- Supervise staff using DHS Human Resource Management practices and concepts so that employees' work activities are customer-driven, of high quality, meet timelines and are pursuant to DHS procedural and negotiated standards.
- Direct policy development and implementation for the Child Support Division.
- Manage the legal and legislative work of the Division.
- Work in collaboration with data unit to ensure policy and legislative proposal development are in alignment with child support program trends, initiatives, and are developed using an equity analysis lens.
- Serve as a member of the CSD Management Team and work with the Director and other Division supervisors to help lead and direct the work of the Division.
Supervisory, lead worker, or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.).
Four (4) years of advanced professional experience in human services or child support. Experience must demonstrate:
- Policy analysis sufficient to analyze legislative bills and federal law changes
- Experience with federal and state statutes, policies and procedures of support and collection methods
- Policy development and implementation
- Advanced supervision, staff development, team development
- Program management and evaluation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in public administration, human services, or social work
- Experience with publicly funded human services focused on children and families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Law degree with family law experience
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.