Preconstruction Design Associate (Professional)
Job Category: Preconstruction
Req. Number: PRECO01229
Posted Date: 2021-02-09
Location: United States - Traveling Position , , USA
- Support the sales effort by reviewing project designs and participates in development of bids, cost estimates and schedules; proposes alternatives to keep project on schedule or within budget.
- Participate in project interviews as requested to support high preconstruction potential projects.
- Work closely with Operations and Estimating team members to understand project details, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, develop & implement the Harris precon processes and activities for application across all Harris locations. Work to expand pre-con process and best-practices across company offices, communicate & explain these processes with all locations/divisions across Harris.
- In collaboration with stakeholders across the company, support preconstruction network in parallel with the HDS precon team.
- Foster a culture of Precon within Harris.
- Deliver preconstruction services in a professional manner with a keen sense of urgency to customer requests. Develop a "trusted advisor" relationship with Owner, General Contractor, Design Team and project influencers
- Implement preconstruction strategies that differentiate Harris and lead to increase growth/gross margin opportunities.
- Utilize tools and dashboards, automating Precon activities.
- Work with PMs to develop budgeting & report-out tools for communications with clients to demonstrate benefits of delivery method.
- Recommend Precon best practices and approaches to support project goals.
Execution and Delivery:
- Actively and regularly track/manage/communicate, internally and externally, project scope, schedule impacts, change orders, and budget trend on projects with direct involvement.
- Identify estimate peaks and gaps - Shore up overall project estimate. Build budget contingency through pricing efforts in the VA/SR process.
- In partnership with project management teams, ensure constructability of preconstruction ideas/concepts by educating and informing project teams re: logistics, pre-fab, options, etc. to see the concepts through to fruition.
- Drive, monitor and confirm feedback of the preconstruction concepts with project teams to measure and verify value of precon activities & recommendations.
Develop Preconstruction Skills Across the Company:
- Support, train and mentor other precon contacts (network) throughout the company
- Document, train & mentor Design + Engineering team members re: Preconstruction services taking into account differences in Design Build, Design Assist, Plan & Spec, Lump Sum, T&M, IPD, etc.
- Use reference documentation in a shared format for others to easily access.
- Support the implementation of the Precon training plan to ensure D+E team members build this skill set.
Leadership & Culture:
- Consistently demonstrate the desired Harris culture.
- Emphasize and demonstrate a strong safety culture and an environment of collaboration, teamwork & transparency at all times.
- Demonstrate leadership with regard to preconstruction services and activities on the D+E team and throughout preconstruction work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)