Provider Trainer – Human Services Program Representative 1
Job Class: Human Services Program Representative 1
Working Title: Provider Trainer
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/08/2021
- Closing Date: 10/18/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services / Central Office
- Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Medicaid Payments & Provider Services
- Work Shift: Day Shift
- Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $24.88 - $36.53/hourly; $51,949 - $76,274/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
***This posting will be used to fill up to 2 identical vacancies***
Note: The successful individual in this position will be expected to have strong written and oral communication including strong technical writing skills. A written assessment will be conducted during the interview process.
This position exists to monitor evolving Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) information as it pertains to health care providers, in order to educate these providers and others (staff, associations, etc.) about MHCP coverage policies, billing procedures and related intake/delivery system/applications. Each trainer is assigned a number of MHCP provider types, and is-or becomes-a subject matter expert in those provider types. Trainers work closely with staff in the Department of Human Services (DHS) divisions to stay up-to-date on MHCP policy and system changes to keep providers informed and able to do business with DHS/MHCP.
- Develop expertise of assigned provider types, and build and maintain internal network of DHS staff members who possess subject matter expertise about MHCP in order to maintain and expand knowledge
- Coordinate and document MHCP information as needed into existing and/or new DHS provider resources so that this information meets requirements and helps providers do business with DHS
- Use MHCP basics and information to plan, develop and conduct workshops/seminars for MHCP enrolled provider organizations, related billing entities, industry panels and conferences, managed care organizations, and internal staff. Delivery methods include classroom presentations, computer lab instruction, focus group facilitation, web conferencing, online training, written instructions, site visits and one-on-one assistance as needed
- Assist in functional/business analysis tasks needed to ensure that DHS/MHCP provider intake/delivery systems (MN-ITS, other provider applications) are designed and tested for user acceptance, instructions are written and maintained, and these systems/applications work for provider stakeholders
- When assigned, participate in and represent DHS/MHCP on local industry initiatives and committees to bring the public program perspective into these initiatives to most effectively follow the land and, at the same time, reduce negative impacts on the provider community
- Two (2) years professional health care programs or public assistance experience demonstrating the following:
- Experience with health care program policy and claims billing systems procedures, including the ability to apply this knowledge to claims billing systems;
- Knowledge of health care provider information needs and business practices/processes; AND
- Experience providing training, facilitating group presentations or similar audience based demonstrations.
- Technical aptitude and experience using video communication software such as Webex, Zoom or similar platforms
* Bachelor's degree or higher in public administration, psychology, social work, public health, education or related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional experience.
- Training experience in the health care industry.
- Extensive knowledge of MMIS, MN-ITS, or other State systems that impact provider business.
- Extensive knowledge of MHCP policy and claims billing systems procedures.
- Understanding of large and small-scale computer system design and functioning.
- Familiarity with Federal and State rules and laws governing Medicaid programs in Minnesota.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex policy or system problems, including the use of conflict resolution, troubleshooting and relationship building skills.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
A WORKPLACE CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES ACCEPTANCE! Our differences make us stronger. Leveraging our individual differences helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility into all aspects of our work and in our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commissions, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Kelly Buckley at email@example.com .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Dan Thorp at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.