Receipt Center Unit Lead Accountant
When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture where everyone thrives.
Job Class: Accounting Officer Senior
Working Title: Receipt Center Unit Lead Accountant
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/03/2022
- Closing Date: 08/16/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / FOD Receipts Center
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
***This position will work onsite in the office***
***This position will work onsite in the office***
As the Receipt Center Unit Lead Accountant you willplan, develop, establish and promote the goals and organizational structure of the Receipt Processing Unit; to implement and direct the fiscal reporting of new revenue initiatives; to ensure compliance with legislative intent and prompt/accurate identification, deposit and credit of receipts; to develop, propose, and implement legislative bills that will allow for the use of new receipting technologies and efficient receipting procedures; and to direct and assist with the supervision of the Receipt Center, ensuring the security of operations, that the most efficient technologies and methodologies are in place to allow for prompt deposit.
In this position you will:
- Direct the Receipt Center Unit by example in deposit of both department receipts and receipts for other agencies so that receipts are deposited and posted promptly to the bank, the proper SWIFT funding, and to the proper accounts receivable system in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure that security measures are taken to prevent theft/loss of receipts received. Ensure daily EFT Entries, reconciling, deposits, Treasury adjustments, and daily processes are completed and deadlines met.
- Train co-workers, as directed, in specific task and job practices and procedures to improve and maintain performance levels by communicating timetables and quality standards for tasks; and providing instruction on policies and procedures as needed.
- Oversee the fiscal management of Department's Federal Funds to ensure prompt payment from federal accounts and to ensure that payments do not exceed federal grant authority.
Two (2) years of professional-level accounting experience. Experience must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of large complex spreadsheets and databases (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple demands under tight time constraints.
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex fiscal records and reports, recognize problems, and effect solutions.
- Ability to analyze fiscal reports and banking records for adherence and conformance to federal laws, state statutes, and department policies.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret complex data and use the findings to identify and recommend program improvements and opportunities for simplification of processes.
A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or another related field may substitute for 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of the SWIFT accounting system.
- Experience with statewide accounting systems.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Brent Haupt at Brent.Haupt@state.mn.us
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Toni Shobe at Tonika.Shobe@state.mn.us by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.