Reporting Analyst Supervisor – Human Services Supervisor 3
Job Class: Human Services Supervisor 3
Working Title: Reporting Analyst Supervisor
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/7/2021
- Closing Date: 10/27/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services / Central Office
- Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Purchasing & Service Delivery
- Work Shift: Day Shift
- Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $32.46 - $46.76/hourly; $67,776 - $97,634/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position is responsible for planning and implementing a state monitoring system of all managed care organizations (MCOs) offering Minnesota Health Care Programs. The monitoring system must address all aspects of each MCO's performance in at least the following areas: administration and management, appeal and grievance systems, claims management, enrollee materials and customer service, finance, information systems, including encounter data reporting, marketing, medical management, including utilization management and case management, program integrity, provider network management, availability and accessibility, including network adequacy standards, quality improvement, areas related to the delivery of long term services and supports (LTSS), and all other provisions of the contract, as appropriate. The incumbent will establish standards of performance to ensure compliance with parameters set by the federal government. The incumbent will also direct the work of and supervise unit staff performing duties related to federal, state, and public reporting, data submission, and quality evaluation of MCO's and County Based Purchasers (CBP) participating in the Minnesota Health Care Programs; performs related work as required.
Unit staff duties include:
- Analysis of managed care policies and federal regulations in order to ensure that DHS is maximizing federal funding for the managed care program,
- Oversight of the managed care state monitoring system,
- Serving as liaison to the Healthcare Research and Quality (HRQ) division regarding the development and oversight of managed care quality initiatives,
- Creating managed care related reports for internal and external stakeholders including the Governor, Commissioner, Legislature, the public,
- Coordinating external data requests related to managed care activity,
- Managing MCO and CBP reports and reporting requirements,
- Working with DHS federal relations on meeting the goals of the Access Review Monitoring Plan, and
- Serving as managed care representative regarding the implementation and ongoing operations of the beneficiary support system.
Demonstrated leadership experience*
*Leadership experience can include:
- Experience as a supervisor, lead worker, team lead, project lead;
- Completion of a State of Minnesota leadership program (e.g. ELI, L4);
- A paid/unpaid position leading a program or chairing a committee (e.g. ERG) - experience must include:
- 1+ year of experience identifying issues, goals and strategic actions
- 100+ hours per year time commitment
Four (4) years specialized professional experience working with Minnesota's managed health care service delivery systems and application of health care coverage demonstrating the following:
- Experience with Managed Care Organization (MCO) health care quality and reporting activities required by federal and state government;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with the ability to produce and measure performance and results;
- Involved with compliance of Medicaid programs, Minnesota Care, the Basic Health Plan program, and Prepaid Minnesota Health Care Program.
- Ability to give formal presentations related to DHS's health care benefits and payment policy performance and outcomes to the legislature, Purchasing & Service Delivery management and staff, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate and mediate resolutions to complex or volatile problems to which there are no clear-cut answers.
- Thorough understanding of the Department's organizational structure, policies and operational procedures
- Ability to assess program effectiveness and redirect resources to meet deficiencies.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
A WORKPLACE CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES ACCEPTANCE! Our differences make us stronger. Leveraging our individual differences helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility into all aspects of our work and in our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commissions, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Chris Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID number to Dan Thorp at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance..
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.