Senior Payroll Administrator
Job Category: Payroll
Req. Number: SENIO001455
Posted Date: 2021-10-11
Location: St. Paul, MN 909 Montreal Circle St Paul, MN 55102, USA
The purpose of your role as a Senior Payroll Administrator
As a Senior Payroll Administrator, you will perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests for vacation leave, and processing terminations. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing. Works under minimal supervision.
- Process payroll for weekly and biweekly payroll cycles for union and non-union employees
- Answer employee questions related to payroll and resolve issues.
- Complete new hire and termination reports.
- Monitor child support and garnishment deductions and remittances.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Assist with tax payments
- Balance assigned general ledger accounts
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly.
- Complete weekly certified payroll and monthly utilization reports
- Reconcile, calculate, and remit monthly union fringe benefits.
What we're looking for in you
- 5+ years of prior experience processing payroll
- 5+ years if thorough understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- 5+ years if proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- 5+ years of Microsoft Office experience - strong excel skills
- 10-key/data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures and federal and state statutes pertaining to FLSA
- Associates degree preferred in HR, Accounting, or related
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)