Shipping Clerk/Final Assembly — PT
Summary: Package, label and prepare twist drill bits and other manufactured items to be shipped to customers.
Pay Range: $15.03 - $16.46 per hour
Hours: 2nd shift ---- 2:00pm - 10:30pm
[Part time (up to a maximum of 29 hours per week- flexible hours), timely and consistent attendance]
- Flexible schedules
- ESOP - eligible after working 1000 hours in a fiscal year.
- Profit Sharing - quarterly payouts based on profits for the quarter.
- Annual Safety Incentive
- Read and interpret job cards and distribution slips to verify correct packaging.
- Verify correct size of drill bits with various measuring devices such as micrometers and rulers.
- Package product according to specifications.
- Ensure proper routing of product.
- Inspect product for any defects.
- Label and inventory (count) product accurately and record on required paperwork.
- Maintain acceptable packaging standards.
- Will rotate through several packaging stations including tubing, sets, stamping and hand packaging.
- Willing participation in various continual improvement efforts.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as job cards and other various documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to continuously use hands and fingers to handle drill bits of all sizes.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities to see up close and fine detail.
Employment offers contingent on passing background and drug/alcohol assessment