State Program Administrator
When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture where everyone thrives.
Job Class: State Program Administrator
Working Title: State Program Administrator
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/03/2022
- Closing Date: 08/16/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / FOD Accounts Receivable
- Work Shift: Day
- Work Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 PM
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $21.43 - $31.00/hourly; $44,745 - $64,728/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
**This position is a hybrid telework & in office position**
The State Program Administrator position is an integral part of the Parental Fee Unit in the Financial Operations Division. Within a four (4) member team, you will be responsible for establishing accounts in the Parental Fee System (PFS) for parents of disabled children who are in 24-hr out-of-home placement, Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) eligible, or Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver eligible. Additionally, you will assist in coordinating the calculation and billing of fees for the parents in the Parental Fee System (PFS). Under general supervision, the State Program Administrator reviews administrative processes for accuracy, technical competency, and for compliance with eligibility, reporting and other administrative requirements to ensure the highest degree of fiscal integrity while maintaining a high standard of customer service
- Coordinating the entry of DHS-2981 (Medical Assistance Parental Fee Form) information submitted by parents so that parental financial responsibility is accurately assessed.
- Assisting in establishing, activating, and coding accounts in the Parental Fee System (PFS)
- Assisting in issuing determination orders to parents on a bi-weekly basis to notify them of their fee assessment for the fiscal year
2 years advanced administrative support, paraprofessional, or technical experience in Human Services
Associate degree in Human Services or related field and 1 year advanced administrative support, paraprofessional or technical experience
Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field
Experience must demonstrate:
- Experience working with state and federal regulatory policies pertaining to Medical Assistance (MA) parental fees
- Experience working with Medical Assistance eligibility types for which a parental fee (TEFRA, waivered services and out of home placement) is assessed.
- Handling high volumes of calls with a variety of clients and proposing solutions to solve problems
- Experience working with major DHS computer systems including: MMIS, MAXIS, SWIFT, and the Parental Fee system
- Have the ability to maintain the confidentiality of private information according to laws, rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to continuous organizational and program changes sufficient to work constructively under pressure and cope with ambiguity.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Brenda Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Cyndi Camarillo at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.