VDC Senior Lead Consultant
What we're looking for in you
- 8+ years of Drafting/Design in Piping, Plumbing, and/or Sheet Metal industry or AEC experience with BIM/CAD training
- Working knowledge of construction practices with emphasis on mechanical systems.
- Proficient understanding of Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fabrication, or Navisworks preferred
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills and problem-solving skills
The purpose of your role as a VDC Senior Lead Consultant
Setup and Backgrounds:
- Organize and utilize AEC data for use with shop drawings per company standards.
- Organize and build shop drawing files per scope.
Initial Detailing/ System Modeling:
- Generate 3D model of piping, plumbing and/or ductwork systems in compliance with building codes, construction standards, contract documents, and instructions from the project leadership.
- Route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems per company standards.
- Show all components and systems per company standards.
- Identify and communicate issues that need clarification to the project leadership
- Overlay piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems with other trades.
- Re-route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork as required.
- Produce sign-off record drawings.
- Add remaining text, tags and dimensions to complete shop drawings & other supporting sketches and/or details per company standards.
- Prepare final piping/plumbing spool sheets/BOM as required OR MAJ files.
- Make any revisions required per QA/QC.
Database Management & Administration:
- Oversee management of Central Database used by Harris Divisions and shops.
- Develop, implement and channel new content into Harris Central databases (Wetside / Dryside)
- Troubleshoot Database related issues and evaluate database requests from divisions.
- Work with BIM Information Lead Consultant in maintaining and updating ITM content into central database and divisional database profiles.
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for additional details: https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: